- Our Story
- Browse By Course
- Browse By Category
- Browse by Product
- Featured Recipes
No Results FoundMore Products
No Results FoundMore Recipes
No Results FoundMore Articles
Choose your Country or Region
Europe & Middle East
Latin America & Caribbean
Join Cranberry Club
Please enter your information below to join the Cranberry Club
The First Name field is required.
The Last Name field is required.
The Email Address field is required.
Email address is not in a correct format.
The Password field is required.
Your password must contain 6-12 characters, a capital letter and a number.
The Confirm Password field is required.
'Confirm Password' and 'Password' do not match.
The City field is Required.
The State field is Required.
The Zip Code field is Required.
The Zip Code is not in a correct format.
You must agree to our terms & conditions.
Sign in to the Cranberry Club
Sign in to the Cranberry Club
In order to add you to our Cranberry Club, we need your email address. If you want to proceed with your Facebook login, please login again and grant permission to share your email address.
In order to add you to our Cranberry Club, we need your email address. If you want to proceed with your Facebook login, please add your email in your Facebook account.
Thanks you for joining the Cranberry Club
Your password has been reset successfully
Thank you, instructions to reset your password has been sent to your email.
Facebook user is not allowed to change password in OS.com, Please login into Facebook and change for the same.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you used to register your account.
Cranberry Pear Upside-Down Cake
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each ground cinnamon and ginger
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each baking soda, salt and ground allspice
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 1 can (348 mL) pear halves, drained and blotted dry
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) melted butter
1. Topping: Grease a 10-inch (25 cm) springform pan; line with parchment paper. Wrap the outside of the pan base and the sides with foil. Slice each pear half lengthwise into three pieces. Gently toss the pears and one-third of the cranberries with the brown sugar and butter. Fan the pear slices around the outer edge of the pan. Scatter the cranberries into the centre and scrape any residual brown sugar mixture over the fruit.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Stir the flour with cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, salt and allspice; set aside. Cream butter until fluffy, beat in sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time; alternately stir in flour mixture and buttermilk in three additions until combined. Fold in the remaining cranberries.
3. Drop spoonfuls of batter over arranged fruit and spread evenly. Bake for 70 minutes or until a tester inserted into centre of cake comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan; turn out onto a platter and let stand for 2 minutes. Remove ring, base and parchment paper. Cool completely before slicing. Makes 12 servings.
Write a Review
- Select State
- SELECT STATE
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Your recipe rating has been submitted successfully
Enjoy the crisp and tangy taste of fresh Ocean Spray cranberries straight from the bog. Stock…
The recipe has been shared.